MBA on Project Portfolio Management
As organizations reach higher levels of maturity in managing projects individually, they shift their focus to managing them collectively as a project portfolio. This transition seems to occur when you realize that projects are investments – not expenditures – requiring justification that they are aligned with organizational goals and will create value for the owners and other stakeholders of the organization. Managing project investments collectively brings coherence to implementing the strategic as well as operational initiatives and helps the organization create sustainable value in the long run. This course offers tools, techniques, and best practices for managing project portfolios. It presents a “how to” methodology to design, build, and manage a portfolio.
- Delegates will be to differentiate project portfolio management from other management disciplines
- Relate projects to an organization’s strategic objectives
- Explain what is involved in project prioritization in large, complex organizations
- Develop and apply a project prioritization model that incorporates the many and varied aspects of project value
- Prioritize projects on the basis of their strategic value
Programme Date: 18th – 22nd November, 2019